Call for TEP and Clinician Committee Nominations: Development of Patient-Reported Outcome Performance Measure (PRO-PM) for Preventive Cancer Screening
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has contracted with Yale New Haven Health Services Corporation – Center for Outcomes Research and Evaluation (CORE) to develop a quality measure to assess preventative screenings for cancers where there are known disparities in preventive care such as colorectal cancer, breast cancer, cervical cancer, and lung cancer. The measure will assess the quality of care provided by clinicians who are eligible to participate under the Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) and will use data collected from patients.
As part of the measure development process, CORE convenes groups of stakeholders and experts who contribute direction and thoughtful input during measure development.
CORE is currently recruiting for two stakeholder groups to provide input on the measure’s development: 1) Technical Expert Panel (TEP) and 2) Clinician Committee. We will ask members of both groups to review materials and provide input to help shape the measure, such as the design of the patient survey instrument to collect patient data, data collection methodologies, and risk adjustment. Given your expertise and/or the expertise/mission of your organization, we invite you to nominate yourself or individuals who might be interested in participating in our TEP and/or Clinician Committee. Instructions for submitting a nomination are below.
For detailed information about this project and nominee requirements, please refer to the project posting on CMS’ webpage: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/MMS/TEP-Currently-Accepting-Nominations.
- For the TEP, we are seeking individuals with differing perspectives and areas of expertise including but not limited to physicians and other clinicians who provide preventive care services for cancers included in the measure, health disparities experts, psychometricians, healthcare consumers, patients, caregivers, and quality measurement experts. Persons selected to serve on the TEP will represent themselves and not their organizations.
- For the Clinician Committee, we are seeking professional/specialty society representatives, as well as front-line clinicians (particularly those in rural and/or underserved communities) who provide preventive services for cancers included in the measure, provide counseling to cancer patients, or treat cancer patients. Individuals selected to the Clinician Committee may serve as representatives of their organization.
Expected Time Commitment: The TEP and Clinician Committee will meet separately. CORE anticipates holding approximately three to five webinar meetings with each group between April 2022 and September 2024.
Instructions for Submitting a Nomination
If you or someone you know with relevant expertise would like to participate on the TEP, Clinician Committee, or both, please:
- Review the Nomination Form and Charter for the TEP and/or Clinician Committee, available here: https://www.cms.gov/Medicare/Quality-Initiatives-Patient-Assessment-Instruments/MMS/TEP-Currently-Accepting-Nominations.
- Prepare a statement of interest.
- Prepare a statement of interest and curriculum vitae (CV). Note: Patient nominees are not required to include a CV.
- Complete the online nomination form (includes uploading CV, personal statement, and esignature) by 5:00 PM Eastern Time on February 18, 2022 (the online nomination form is available here: https://yalesurvey.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_4TTJSDaQMWubcnc).
If you are unable to complete the online form, you may email your completed Nomination Form, letter of interest, and CV to CMSMIPSScreeningPROPM@yale.edu.
Once the nomination process is complete, CORE will select a TEP composed of approximately 15-18 individuals and a Clinician Committee of approximately 8-12 individuals based on the areas of expertise and the specific requirements of the measure.
Please contact CORE at CMSMIPSScreeningPROPM@yale.edu should you have any questions.
You’re getting this message because you subscribed to get email updates from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Update your subscriptions, modify your password or email address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page. You will need to use your email address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com.
This service is provided to you at no charge by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).