Second Snapshot of 2021 Qualifying APM Participant (QP) Status and APM Participation Data Now Available in QPP Participation Status Tool
On October 20, the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) updated its Quality Payment Program Participation Status Tool based on the second snapshot of Alternative Payment Model (APM) data.
The second snapshot includes data from Medicare Part B claims with dates of service between January 1, 2021 and June 30, 2021. The tool includes 2021 Qualifying APM Participant (QP) statuses and Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) APM participation status.
What Does QP Status Mean?
If you qualify as a QP, this means you are:
- Eligible for the 5% APM incentive bonus;
- Eligible for APM-specific rewards; and
- Exempt from participating in MIPS.
How Do I Check My QP or APM Participation Status?
To view your QP or APM participation status at the individual level:
- Visit the QPP Participation Status Tool.
- Enter your 10-digit National Provider Identifier (NPI).
To check your 2021 eligibility at the APM entity level:
- Log into the CMS Quality Payment Program website. Learn how by downloading the QPP Access User Guide.
- Browse to the Taxpayer Identification Number(s) affiliated with your entity.
- Access the details screen to view the eligibility status of every clinician based on their NPI.
For more information on APMs, visit the QPP APM webpages. For a comprehensive list of APMs (PDF), 2021 Learning Resources for QP Status and APM Incentive Payment (ZIP), and additional materials, visit the QPP Resource Library.
- Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.
You’re getting this message because you subscribed to get email updates from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Update your subscriptions, modify your password or email address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page. You will need to use your email address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com.
This service is provided to you at no charge by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).