New Resources are Now Available on the QPP Resource Library
The Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS) has added the below new Quality Payment Program (QPP) resources to the QPP Resource Library.
Merit-based Incentive Payment System (MIPS) Performance Year (PY) 2020
- 2020 MIPS Performance Feedback Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) (PDF): Answers FAQs about the QPP 2020 performance feedback and 2022 payment adjustment.
- 2022 MIPS Payment Year Payment Adjustment User Guide (PDF): Shares details regarding the 2022 payment adjustments based on MIPS Final Scores for PY 2020.
- 2020 Targeted Review Guide (PDF): Highlights important details for those who request that CMS review their 2020 performance feedback and lists the steps to request a targeted review.
- 2020 EUC Reweighting Requests Extension Guide (PDF): Provides step-by-step instructions for using the targeted review form to submit PY 2020 Extreme and Uncontrollable Circumstances (EUC) reweighting requests during the extended submission period.
MIPS PY 2021
- 2021 Traditional MIPS Scoring Guide (PDF): Includes details about how scores are calculated for MIPS in PY 2021.
- 2021 MIPS Automatic EUC Fact Sheet (PDF): Shares guidance regarding the 2021 MIPS automatic EUC policy for clinicians affected by natural disasters during 2021.
- 2021 Eligible Measure Applicability (EMA) and Denominator Reduction User Guide (PDF): Provides an overview of the EMA process and lists related quality measures by clinical topics for both registry and claims data submission.
MIPS PY 2022
- 2022 Virtual Group Toolkit (ZIP): Highlights important dates and overview information about the virtual group two-step election process.
Alternative Payment Models (APMs)
- 2021 Qualifying APM Participant (QP) Notice for APM Incentive Payment Zip File (ZIP): Provides information on how those who are eligible to receive an APM Incentive Payment as a result of their QP status in PY 2019 can submit their billing information to CMS, if they haven’t yet received payment.
For More Information
Contact the Quality Payment Program at 1-866-288-8292 (Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.- 8 p.m. ET) or by e-mail at: QPP@cms.hhs.gov. To receive assistance more quickly, consider calling during non-peak hours—before 10 a.m. and after 2 p.m. ET.
- Customers who are hearing impaired can dial 711 to be connected to a TRS Communications Assistant.
You’re getting this message because you subscribed to get email updates from the Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Update your subscriptions, modify your password or email address, or stop subscriptions at any time on your Subscriber Preferences Page. You will need to use your email address to log in. If you have questions or problems with the subscription service, please contact subscriberhelp.govdelivery.com.
This service is provided to you at no charge by Centers for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).