APHIS updated the Federal Domestic Soil Quarantines Map to include the following changes:
- Removed the Mexican fruit fly (Mexfly) quarantine in the Lasara area of Willacy County, Texas.
- Added areas to the Imported Fire Ant quarantine, as follows:
- Arkansas, the entirety of Logan, Prairie, Sebastian, and White Counties.
- North Carolina, the entirety of Davidson, Orange, and Vance Counties.
- Oklahoma, the entirety of Pittsburg County.
- Virginia, the entirety of Brunswick, Greensville, Isle of Wight, Mecklenburg, and Southampton Counties, as well as the cities of Emporia and Franklin.
APHIS restricts the movement of domestic soil from areas within the continental United States that are under quarantine for specific plant pests. The Federal Domestic Soil Quarantines Map provides an overview of the plant pest quarantines that affect the movement of soil.
This map is a general guidance tool only. Please contact your local APHIS State Plant Health Director for specific quarantine information, including quarantine boundaries and the requirements for moving domestic soil.